From Thierry Kormann <tkorm...@sophia.inria.fr>
Subject Re: JPEGTranscoder or fill3DRect problem ?
Date Mon, 02 Jul 2001 15:30:13 GMT
On Monday 02 July 2001 14:51, Sebastien Aurelie wrote:
> Hi !
>
> I paint a chart. For each bar I paint, I use fill3DRect. But it happens
> sometimes, that I need to paint a rectangle with a null height. I just have
> seen that fill3DRect draws this rectangle (even with a null height), and to
> have a 3D effect, it tries to paint a second rectangle with negative
> height! Well, no problem occurs for draw it. When a convert this
> negative-height-rectangle into svg, still no problem, but if I want to
> trancode it into a JPEG image, you can see the following exception.
> So, where is the source of the problem? Can we think that fill3DRect need
> to test the height of the rectangle before to draw it, or bridge of batik
> need to transcode negative height ?

According to the spec (Chapter 9.2 The 'rect' element):

"The height of the rectangle.
A negative value is an error (see Error processing). A value of zero disables
rendering of the element."

I have checked the code of the bridge module (the one used by the transcoder)
and a negative value generates an error (a value of zero is legal).

So, the bridge is right and the generator has a bug.
If you can add a bug report in bugzilla, that will help us.

Thanks for your feedback,
Thierry.