From Thierry Kormann <tkorm...@ilog.fr>
Subject Re: Problem With JSVGCanvas
Date Fri, 13 Jul 2001 15:57:25 GMT
On Friday 13 July 2001 15:43, Jim Urban wrote:
> Hi, I am new to Batik, so please bear with me.
>
> I am using the version of Batik that came with FOP or maybe it was with
> Cocoon or was it Xalan, well anyway, I have a copy of Batik which I am
> using.  I am able to display an external SVG file in a PDF using FOP
> (version 0.19) to call Batik.  However, I copied the sample JSVGCanvas
> application from the Batik web site.  When I open a file nothing happens.
> The file does not get displayed by the JSVGCanvas and I don't get any
> exceptions.  I have even tried opening non SVG files and I still don't get
> any errors or exceptions.  I added a System.err.println before and after
> calling JSVGCanvas.setURI and both messages get printed out without any
> problems.  The batik.jar file is the first file in my classpath, followed
> by xalan.jar and xerces.jar (both version 2.1.0) then fop.jar.  These are
> the same jar files Tomcat uses when I use FOP to display the same SVG file
> as part of a PDF document.  Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?  BTW, my Java
> version is 1.3.0 and I am running on Windows NT 4.0 with service pack 5.

We already discuss about this topic. The SVG canvas does not have a user
agent by default. A user agent can be used to control error messages,
resolution...

Check this email to create your own user agent and print error message on the
standard output.

http://www-sop.inria.fr/koala/batik/mlists/batik-users/archives/msg00297.html

Hope this helps,
Thierry.