From Thierry Kormann <tkorm...@ilog.fr>
Subject Re: Using JSVGCanvas in an Japplet
Date Tue, 17 Jul 2001 16:20:38 GMT
On Monday 16 July 2001 14:31, Jim Urban wrote:
> > It's me again.  I got my JSVGCanvas application working just fine.  Now I
> > am trying to turn it into an japplet.  I replaced the main function with
> > an init function and created some HTML (used an object tag and specified
> > the 1.3 Java plugin) to display it.  When I attempt to view the HTML
> > containing the japplet the applet fails to initialize.  The Java console
> > shows this exception:
> >
> > load: SVGViewerApplet can't be instantiated.
> > java.lang.InstantiationException: SVGViewerApplet
> > 	at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Native Method)
> > 	at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)
> > 	at sun.applet.AppletPanel.createApplet(Unknown Source)
> > 	at sun.plugin.AppletViewer.createApplet(Unknown Source)
> > 	at sun.applet.AppletPanel.runLoader(Unknown Source)
> > 	at sun.applet.AppletPanel.run(Unknown Source)
> > 	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
> >

> > The Java plugin is:
> > Java(TM) Plug-in: Version 1.3.0_01
> > Using JRE version 1.3.0_01 Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
> >
> > Has anyone used JSVGCanvas in an applet?  Does anyone have any idea what
> > could be causeing this exception?

I made some experiments few times ago and I manage to have use the JSVGCanvas
in an applet. Some recent features (using introspection for example) might
add some trouble. My suggestion is to try your applet using the appletviewer
and see if everything is ok. If not, please send us the exception - otherwise
check your configuration, classpath...

Hope this helps,
Thierry.