From "Raju Dave" <rbd...@rediffmail.com>
Subject Re: jpeg to svg
Date Tue, 17 Jul 2001 07:33:02 GMT
Hi Thomas,

thanks for the reply.

Can you throw some light on Base64 or maybe give me url where i can get more information.

Regards

Raju Dave

------------- Original Message --------------
Thomas E Deweese <thomas.deweese@kodak.com> wrote:
To:Batik Users <batik-users@xml.apache.org>
From:Thomas E Deweese <thomas.deweese@kodak.com>
Date:Mon, 16 Jul 2001 12:47:22 -0400
Subject:jpeg to svg

RD> Is it possible to convert jpeg image into svg format with batik?

    Presumably you mean find lines/text/shapes in the JPEG and convert
them to paths in an SVG file.  No we do not have any auto-tracing
abilities in Batik (although they might be a welcome addition).  Doing
this well is _very_ difficult.

    On the other hand if you don't mind the JPEG image saying a JPEG
(raster data) you can simply use the <image> tag to reference the
JPEG, just like you might do in HTML, or if you want the SVG to be
standalone you can Base64 encode the image and include it inline. We
don't really provide tools for this, but it's so trivial there isn't
much point.