From Peter Becker <pbec...@meganesia.int.gu.edu.au>
Subject Re: Orthogonal Question: SVG from Powerpoint?
Date Tue, 03 Jul 2001 07:20:00 GMT
Hello John,

I don't know about the PPT import, but Illustrator supports SVG:
  http://www.adobe.com/products/illustrator/keyfeature1.html

If Illustrator doesn't support PPT you still should be able to use EMF
for this, but then you have to do slide by slide. Unless you use the
more advanced features of Powerpoint (e.g. session notes, audio track or
synchronization) I'd recommend going straight for SVG using programs
like Illustrator, Corel Draw or WebDraw.

The latter is currently still available as free prerelease version:
  http://www.jasc.com/webdraw.asp

In combination with tools like Cocoon and IEs fullscreen / Netcapes
kiosk mode you can create rather nice presentations.

HTH,
  PeterB