From Peter Becker <pbec...@meganesia.int.gu.edu.au>
Subject Re: Trancoder Exception, not an SVG Document
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2001 00:14:46 GMT
Hello David,

I ended up writing the DOM to disk and letting the transcoder use the
file. You can find some of my ranting on this topic here:
  http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=batik-users&m=99068584523412&w=2

and here:
  http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=batik-users&m=99075782806755&w=2

Short version: Batik often claims to use a generic DOM interface but
expects (due to RTTI checks/casts) its own implementation, even in the
method that should be used to convert the DOM.

One approach I didn't try is to use some non-Batik conversion function.
And maybe it's not too hard to fix Batiks implementation, but I stumbled
from one problem into another so I gave up (the problem is not a big one
for me).

HTH,
  PeterB