From "Guy M. Spillman, Jr." <gmspi...@programmer.net>
Subject Re: Problem converting fonts
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2001 03:23:09 GMT
I have seen this same problem with Adobe fonts "converted" to TTF in Windows.  I
am no font expert, but the TTF file that results from this conversion seems to
be nothing more than a wrapper for the original Adobe PFB file.  I base this
opinion on the fact that all of the TTF files converted from PFB's are all 90k
in length (smaller than most original TTF fonts), and the original PFB file must
be present in the Windows FONT directory for the converted font to work.

If this is the case, then I have no fix.  Hopefully someone else can help with
that.  Since your example obviously was executed in Unix/Linux, this may not be
the same problem you are experiencing.

Guy Spillman