From Sebastien Aurelie <Aurelie.Sebast...@artesiaservices.be>
Subject RE: Encoding Problem
Date Fri, 13 Jul 2001 06:41:58 GMT
Rossen,

you can specify the encoding on the Writer.
See the code following:

			SVGGraphics2D sg = new SVGGraphics2D(doc);

			boolean useCSS = true; // we want to use CSS style
attribute

		   	fileOutSvg =
File.createTempFile("documentInterface",".svg",cacheDir);
			FileOutputStream output = new
FileOutputStream(fileOutSvg);
		      Writer out = new OutputStreamWriter(output, "UTF-8");
		      sg.stream(out, useCSS);

Aurelie

-----Original Message-----
From: Rossen Hristov [mailto:rhristov@sun-fish.com]
Sent: mercredi 11 juillet 2001 12:59
To: Batik Users Mailing List
Subject: Encoding Problem

Hi,

I started using batik several days ago for the purpose of drawing various
charts and up to know it is showing very nice results. I am able to view my
SVG files through the SVGBrowser, but when I try to see them through IE it
says that the encoding is unknown. The first line of my SVG file is the
following:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Cp1251"?>

Well, where can I tell Batik to make the SVG files with different encoding,
UTF-8 or ISO-8859-1, etc.;
I searched in lots of classes but I never saw a method for setting up the
encoding or something.

If anyone could give me a hint I would greatly appreciate it.

Sincerely,

Rossen