From "Jim Urban" <jim.ur...@netsteps.net>
Subject Problem With JSVGCanvas
Date Fri, 13 Jul 2001 13:43:41 GMT
Hi, I am new to Batik, so please bear with me.

I am using the version of Batik that came with FOP or maybe it was with
Cocoon or was it Xalan, well anyway, I have a copy of Batik which I am
using.  I am able to display an external SVG file in a PDF using FOP
(version 0.19) to call Batik.  However, I copied the sample JSVGCanvas
application from the Batik web site.  When I open a file nothing happens.
The file does not get displayed by the JSVGCanvas and I don't get any
exceptions.  I have even tried opening non SVG files and I still don't get
any errors or exceptions.  I added a System.err.println before and after
calling JSVGCanvas.setURI and both messages get printed out without any
problems.  The batik.jar file is the first file in my classpath, followed by
xalan.jar and xerces.jar (both version 2.1.0) then fop.jar.  These are the
same jar files Tomcat uses when I use FOP to display the same SVG file as
part of a PDF document.  Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?  BTW, my Java
version is 1.3.0 and I am running on Windows NT 4.0 with service pack 5.

Jim Urban
Product Manager
Netsteps Inc.
Suite 505E