From "Jim Urban" <jim.ur...@netsteps.net>
Subject Using JSVGCanvas in an Japplet
Date Fri, 13 Jul 2001 21:32:11 GMT

It's me again.  I got my JSVGCanvas application working just fine.  Now I am
trying to turn it into an japplet.  I replaced the main function with an
init function and created some HTML (used an object tag and specified the
1.3 Java plugin) to display it.  When I attempt to view the HTML containing
the japplet the applet fails to initialize.  The Java console shows this
exception:

load: SVGViewerApplet can't be instantiated.
java.lang.InstantiationException: SVGViewerApplet
	at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)
	at sun.applet.AppletPanel.createApplet(Unknown Source)
	at sun.plugin.AppletViewer.createApplet(Unknown Source)
	at sun.applet.AppletPanel.runLoader(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

The Java plugin is:
Java(TM) Plug-in: Version 1.3.0_01
Using JRE version 1.3.0_01 Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM

Has anyone used JSVGCanvas in an applet?  Does anyone have any idea what
could be causeing this exception?

Thanks,

Jim Urban
Product Manager