From "Marc Schipperheyn" <m.schipperh...@thefactore.com>
Subject Converting .fla to Batik format
Date Sun, 26 Aug 2001 11:18:41 GMT
Hi all,

I'm really new to this technology so forgive me if I sound stupid, but if I start to work
with this (especially animation), I would like to have a dev platform for creating the graphics
that is useable by designers. The best tool available for the job is Macromedia Flash. I would
imagine that a lot of work could be saved by creating a conversion tool to allow conversion
from .fla to svg format. This way SVG would be opened up to the masses. I see that there is
one site available for something in this direction (http://www.ep.cs.nott.ac.uk/~sgp/swf2svg.html),
but in my opinion something like this should ge some sort of priority. Once you have a good
Flash to SVG conversion, a lot of difficult coding would become a piece of cake.

Kind regards,

Marc Schipperheyn