From Vincent Hardy <vincent.ha...@sun.com>
Subject Re: Multiplication of Event Handlers (May be related to JSVGCanvas-java.lang.OutOfMemoryError)
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2001 07:25:39 GMT
David,

David Kane wrote:

> We are trying to determine if we can work around the current limitations
> to see if we can move forward until more dynamic capabilities are
> supported....speaking of which, is there a time-frame in mind for
> supporting the dynamic elements of the SVG spec?

There is no set time frame but we are actively starting work on it. The
idea is to first get scripting and then SMIL. We hope to get some
early development commited this fall, but it will likely take several
months to get things in good shape. Testing is one of our biggest
challenges and we need to expand our test infrastructure along with
the new development to be able to keep the software on track.

Vincent.