From Bill Haneman <bill.hane...@sun.com>
Subject Re: Unicode character set
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2001 10:33:03 GMT
"Jean-Michel Biollaz (pb)" wrote:

> How can I specify to use Unicode character set ?
> If I specify an Unicode font (like Andale Mono) in my font style definition,
> the special characters are not rendered.

Hi Jean-Michel:

This sound like a problem with your SVG file's encoding.  Note that
SVG, like all XML files, supports multiple encodings for the input
source file.  If you examine your input file I think you will find
something wrong with the special characters in the file (for instance,
either they are already corrupted, or they are not legal in the
encoding used for the SVG file).

Some of the BE-test examples for SVG use alternate encodings.  You can
download the test suite from http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/Test/  -
apologies, I don't an example file handy to send to you, but I believe
that text-i18n-BE-09.svg is a case in point.  Perhaps someone else can
follow up with more detail and an example?

If you are using svggen to generate the SVG, I do not know how you can
specify the output encoding, but I would hope that you could do so
:-)... Vincent?

I hope this gets you partway to an answer ;-)

-Bill