From George Armhold <armh...@cs.rutgers.edu>
Subject using JAXP/Xerces with Batik?
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2001 15:09:08 GMT
Hi,

I'm using JAXP with Xerces, and I've set Xerces to be my parser
implementation (added a jaxp.properties file with bindings for xerces in
.../java/jre/lib/.)  This seems to cause problems for batik, as it
throws an exception "org.apache.crimson.parser.XMLReaderImpl not found"
when using the svgbrowser.  Making sure that all of the batik-provided
jar files (including crimson) are at the head of the CLASSPATH does not
help.

How can I get Batik to play nice with JAXP/xerces?  By the way, I'm
using xerces because I had problems getting crimson to read certain
DTD's with UTF encoded data.  The impression I get from other developers
(and even Apache's crimson web page) is that crimson will be dropped for
Xerces at some point.

Thanks

--
George Armhold