From Fernando Cassia <fcas...@compuserve.com>
Subject Question about Batik and Mozilla
Date Tue, 25 Sep 2001 10:01:35 GMT
Hi,

I've just joined this list... and I'm new to the SVG world... and I've
got a (probably stupid) question :)

Has anyone suggested the Mozilla team to integrate Batik into the
browser?.

I don't see why everyone and his mother seems to be writing a separate
SVG parser/viewer, or platform-xyz-plugins, when Mozilla could use a
SINGLE java-svg-engine across platforms. That would mean no porting, no
re-compiling, and a single platform (java) to kill bugs on, and instant
SVG compatibility across platforms.

Regards

Fernando
Buenos Aires, Argentina