From "Jean-Michel Biollaz (pb)" <jm.biollaz....@hexalog.com>
Subject RE: Unicode character set
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2001 09:51:38 GMT
Sorry to bother you about this, but if I specify a Unicode font (like Andale
Mono) or not (like my Helvetica) I get an error if I have special characters
in my document, example :

<?xml version="1.0" standalone="no"?>
<!DOCTYPE svg PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD SVG 20000303 Stylable//EN"

"http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/03/WD-SVG-20000303/DTD/svg-20000303-stylable.dtd"
[
	<!ENTITY stt0 "fill:#000000; font-family:Helvetica; font-size:6;
text-anchor:start">
]>
<svg xml:space="preserve" width="582" height="781" viewBox="0 0 582 781">
<text transform="matrix(1 0 0 1 35.02 58.4)" style="&stt2;"><tspan x="0"
y="0">ô</tspan></text>
</svg>

with this code, IE don't render the character, the Batik svg viewer give the
error "UTF-8 encoding of character 0x0013cbf4 can't be converted to
Unicode".
In my FOP conversion to PDF, I get the error "the element tspan must be
terminated with the matching end-tag </tspan>".

If I replace my "ô" (o cirumflex) by a simple "o", the document is processed
in all viewer.
If I replace the "ô" by "&#244;" my ô is rendered correctely, but this is
not a practical solution for multiple supporting alphabet glyphs.

Thank's,
Jean-Michel