From Chris Kelly <Chris.ke...@advent-comm.co.uk>
Subject RE: Loading an SVG from a jar file
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2001 13:50:08 GMT
I get the same problem with Batik1.1 rc2

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Kelly [mailto:Chris.kelly@advent-comm.co.uk]
Sent: 10 September 2001 10:41
To: 'Batik Users'
Subject: Loading an SVG from a jar file

Hi

I'm using the JSVGCanvas from an applet and trying to load an SVG from a jar
file

In the applet the following lines are used to try and load the SVG

          JSVGCanvas svgCanvas = new JSVGCanvas();

         URL url=getClass().getResource("/simple.svg");     1
         System.out.println(url.toString());                          2
         svgCanvas.setURI(url.toString());                           3

Line 2 outputs the following to the plug-in's java console

jar:file:/C:/WINNT/Profiles/chrisk/java_plugin_AppletStore/1.3.1/jar/applet.
jar1826258758null-8726020040050372760.jar!/simple.svg
This looks a bit strange to me since I've never seen a jar URL before but
I'm guessing the SVG has been found. Right?

Line 3, however, still seems to give me problems (line 3 is
SVGApplication.java:98 below):-

Exception occurred during event dispatching:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org.apache.batik.css.parser.Parser
 at
org.apache.batik.css.CSSDocumentHandler.class$(CSSDocumentHandler.java:35)
 at
org.apache.batik.css.CSSDocumentHandler.<clinit>(CSSDocumentHandler.java:39)
 at
org.apache.batik.dom.svg.SVGDOMImplementation.<init>(SVGDOMImplementation.ja
va:88)
 at
org.apache.batik.dom.svg.SVGDOMImplementation.<clinit>(SVGDOMImplementation.
java:59)
 at
org.apache.batik.dom.svg.SAXSVGDocumentFactory.<init>(SAXSVGDocumentFactory.
java:68)
 at org.apache.batik.bridge.DocumentLoader.<init>(DocumentLoader.java:67)
 at
org.apache.batik.swing.svg.JSVGComponent.loadSVGDocument(JSVGComponent.java:
203)
 at org.apache.batik.swing.JSVGCanvas.setURI(JSVGCanvas.java:354)
 at batik.SVGApplication$2.actionPerformed(SVGApplication.java:98)
 at javax.swing.AbstractButton$ForwardActionEvents.actionPerformed(Unknown
Source)
 at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
 at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
 at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(Unknown Source)

I'm using java 1.3.1 and Batik 1.0

I've absolutely no idea what I can do to get around this. Any suggestions?

Chris

This message is intended for the addressee only. It must not be disclosed
to, altered, copied or used by anyone other than the addressee(s). If you
have received this message in error, please notify our email administrator
at postmaster@advent-comm.co.uk and destroy the message, removing it
completely from your computer system.
Thank you for your assistance.

Mail Virus Warning

This email and any attachment are believed to be free from viruses which
might affect any system into which they are received or opened, it is the
responsibility of the recipient to ensure that they are virus free.
Advent Communications ltd accepts no liability whatsoever for any direct,
indirect or consequential loss or damage arising in any way from receipt,
opening or use.

at   postmaster@advent-comm.co.uk <mailto:postmaster@advent-comm.co.uk> and