From "r d" <batik...@hotmail.com>
Subject Updated Web site observation #8 SVG specification recommendation
Date Mon, 24 Sep 2001 17:21:02 GMT
Hello Batik Team,

+*****************************+
observations  #8FAQ
+*****************************+

Note: JMO (just my opinion and first observations)
some the observations hold more weight then others
I will  try to keep this keep observations
to addess single issue at a time.

I have noticed on the home page for Batik SVG Toolkit
http://xml.apache.org/batik/

That the section labled "The SVG Specification" needs a little Revision ;-)

<snip>
The SVG specification can be found on the W3C site. Batik 1.0 is conformant
with the November 2nd, 2000 Candidate Recommendation Specification and its
modifications leading to the upcoming Proposed Recommendation. Note that
because SVG is not a final Recommendation yet, it may still change. The
Batik team will keep the implementation current with the latest
specification developments.
</snip>

I think that whole paragraph needs to change :-)

somethings to think about changing:

<batik_web_page>
The SVG specification can be found on the W3C site.
</batik_web_page>

"W3C site" should be a link to " http://www.w3.org "...right now there is no
link to www.w3c.org

<batik_web_page>
Batik 1.0 is conformant with the November 2nd, 2000 Candidate Recommendation
Specification
</batik_web_page>

Is this True?....Has conformance move on from November 2nd, 2000 Candidate
Recommendation Specification ?

<batik_web_page>
and its modifications leading to the upcoming Proposed Recommendation.
</batik_web_page>

I am very happy to report this can change ...to something like:
It is the Goal of Batik SVG Toolkit to conform to all syntax and features of
  the SVG 1.0 Recommendation.
****Note; that SVG 1.0 Recommendation should be a link to the SVG
Recommendation [http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG/}****

<batik_web_page>
Note that because SVG is not a final Recommendation yet, it may still
change. The Batik team will keep the implementation current with the latest
specification developments.
</batik_web_page>

The Batik team will work to keep the Batik SVG Tookit current with any
changes that may occur the SVG 1.0 Recommendation and beyond.

Thats all for now ;-)

Thanks to all the Batikers out there that are helping to make it a good as
can be!

Is there a way to submit changes.....or do I need to just to keep sending in
suggestion and having someone else implement them?

Any comments would be welcomed

We all learn by sharing what what we know
Robert A. DiBlasi