From "Brent L Johnson" <br...@bjohnson.net>
Subject Inline Styles
Date Tue, 04 Sep 2001 00:48:47 GMT
I've been working with the IBM tutorial on using Xalan to process an XML
file of data (against a stylesheet) which outputs an SVG file.  I can take
this file and load it into Jasc's WebDraw, for example, and it works just
fine (it does complain about the "fillrule" but it still displays it).

It's a tutorial on creating bar and pie charts dynamically from XML data
(great one at that).  Just in case anyone is interested here is the URL:
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/education/transforming-xml/xmltosvg/in
dex.html

The problem is - when I take the SVG output and try and use the Batik
transcoder to then output the file as a jpeg i get this error:

org.w3c.dom.DOMException: An element of type "path" has an invalid inline
style:
An error occured while parsing the following style declaration:
fill:red; stroke:black; stroke-width:2;                   fillrule:evenodd;
stroke-linejoin:miter;
there was a problem generating the image:
org.w3c.dom.DOMException: An element of type "path" has an invalid inline
style:
An error occured while parsing the following style declaration:
fill:red; stroke:black; stroke-width:2;                   fillrule:evenodd;
stroke-linejoin:miter;

Any help on getting this to work?  (I've attached the SVG file to this)

Thanks,

- Brent