From Jeff Adams <je...@coursewave.com>
Subject Re: Batik Under OS X 10.1
Date Sun, 30 Sep 2001 04:38:13 GMT
At 6:22 PM -0400 9/29/01, David Mundie wrote:
>Among the reasons I eagerly awaited OS X 10.1 was the hope that the
>Batik streaking problem under 10.0 would be gone. Sure enough, it is
>fixed - but now I have two even worse problems.
>
>(a) Text doesn't work - characters come out as rectangles and I get gobs of
>
>kCGErrorFailure : CGGStackRestore: gstack underflow.
>
>errors.
>
>(b) The images are truncated on the left and the top. It looks like
>about a quarter of the image is missing on those two edges.
>
>Any observations or recommendations? I have placed samples of my
>converted images at
>
>http://www.anthus.com/Work/moonPhases.png
>
>and
>
>http://www.anthus.com/Work/textRotate.png
>
>Any help would be appreciated - I've been waiting a long time to get
>batik working under OS X.

Hello David,

I grabbed the latest batik-1.1rc and setup the jars and source
in OS X 10.1 and am running it through JBuilder in the hopes of
debugging the problems too as I also look forward to working
with batik in OS X.

Still early on, but as far as the text showing up as rectangles, I also
get those but the errors are along the lines of:

kCGErrorFailure : can't find name id 4 for font id 8424
kCGErrorFailure : can't find name id 1 for font id 8424
kCGErrorFailure : can't find name id 2 for font id 8424
kCGErrorFailure : can't find name id 6 for font id 8424
kCGErrorFailure : can't find name id 3 for font id 8424

So it looks to be errors with font resolving...???
I will try and help debug some more tomorrow...

Jeff
--

Jeff Adams
Research & Development         phone: 217-239-1188 ext. 3