From "Gerard.Davison" <Gerard.Davi...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Rendering attributed text.
Date Fri, 19 Oct 2001 14:42:14 GMT

Thanks for your quick response, unfortunately I do not think that this would be a very
good idea for day to day use. After I sent my original email it occured to me to use
TextLayout too; but the resultant text looks awfull and the size of my svg document
went from 20kb to 400kb. It might be better to just not support these functions until
we can do it properly.

>From my exprience, using the TextLayout class doesn't give very good results at small
font sizes. In JDK 1.3 at least I am not sure that it knows enough to do a good  job.

I will pay bugzilla a visit later on today,

Thanks again,

G.