From "Yohann LIGOUT" <yohann.lig...@unilog.fr>
Subject Error when loading an image
Date Thu, 11 Apr 2002 15:31:35 GMT
Hi everybody,

I have a problem when I load an SVG image.

I succeed in using an SVG image with a servlet (which generate the image) to show it in a
static HTML page (with the ie objet tag)

Now, I would like to use an applet to render the SVG image. But I have a problem because I
don't change a lot of things in the servlet but there is this error:

java.io.IOException: Elément racine de document manquant.
 at org.apache.batik.dom.util.SAXDocumentFactory.createDocument(Unknown Source)
 at org.apache.batik.dom.svg.SAXSVGDocumentFactory.createDocument(Unknown Source)
 at org.apache.batik.bridge.DocumentLoader.loadDocument(Unknown Source)
 at org.apache.batik.swing.svg.SVGDocumentLoader.run(Unknown Source)

In fact, my servlet now deliver only a UTF-8 content. This content is the SVG image of course.

I try to use the setURI method and the loadSVGDocument method on my JSVGCanvas but I always
have this error.

As I am newbie with batik, I try to understand the JSVGCanvas tutorial and the code of the
SVGBrowser of Batik but It is very difficult at the beginning so: help me!!

Thanks and excuse my bad english but I am french.
Yohann.