From Thomas E Deweese <thomas.dewe...@kodak.com>
Subject Re: 'use' element and DOM structure
Date Fri, 12 Apr 2002 11:30:41 GMT

MT> But I couldn't find mines.svg in any distribution.

    It is in current CVS.

MT> On the other hand, looking at your code below - it's a script,
MT> right? But I cannot really use something like that since I am not
MT> using script (I am not sure really whether I've got this right)

    You are correct my example uses ecmaScript (javaScript) I guess
you are adding listeners in Java on the DOM directly?

MT> But you got me to think. Maybe the solution is to add a listener
MT> separatelly to 'use' elements, and not add them to 'g' elements,
MT> then when user clicks on a symbol, event will contain the 'use'
MT> element. I'll try this.

    Yes, this is I think the right approach (otherwise there is no way
to tell which use the click is generated from - the intent of use is
to 'share' the used element so in some sense the click is on the same
element in all cases).

    Good luck.