From Vincent Hardy <vincent.ha...@sun.com>
Subject Re: GraphicsNode MouseSupport
Date Wed, 17 Apr 2002 15:43:10 GMT
Hello Jon and Michael,

Thanks for your kind words on Batik! As to the event handling modifs,
here is the story....

I made the modifications to the event dispatching code about 6 weeks
ago because that code was not consistent. From memory, I remember that
focus events were defined but not fired, mouse events were going both
through the EventDispatch and GraphicsNode listeners and key events
were only dispatched to GraphicsNodes (and not to the EventDispatche
listeners).

What I did was to remove focus events and make the dispatching go
through the EventDispatcher only. This is enough so that all DOM
listeners can be notified in the end, but it is not enough if you
want to have listeners on individual GVT nodes.

If you think it is critical to add listeners on individual
GVT nodes, we could add it back. Thanks for entering an RFE in Bugzilla.

However, I would ask you to consider carefully if you cannot use the
DOM API rather than hooking into GVT directly for events.

Thanks,
Vincent.