From "M. van Veen" <mich...@microweb.nl>
Subject Re: GraphicsNode MouseSupport
Date Thu, 18 Apr 2002 10:08:29 GMT
Hi Vincent!

Thanx for your personal comments on the code! It helped me out a lot,
actualy. I think I don't need the GraphicsNodeMouseListener:

My mechanisme for editting svg was previously build on the idea to
listen to events of Shapes, sinces these are the ones being actualy
clicked. Then I resolved the element linked with the shape with use of
the bridge. After that I did some editting on the element and built the
gvttree again.

With the (for me new) possibility of listening directly to the element
itself, I no longer have to use the bridge to resolve the element! Far
better! (maybe I still have to use the bridge, to resolve the shape, for
highlighting purposes on toplayers on the svgcanvas when the shape is
clicked).

Best of all, it fixed a problem I had, that I had to add the listeners
again after every gvt-rendering/building otherwise, I didn't receive any
events anymore...

Altogether: cleaner, better. Thanks for your time!

Kind regards,

Michael.

PS Maybe a comment in CVS on the removing (with alternative use) would
have answered my question in advance.