From Jon Burgin <jbur...@onboard-software.com>
Subject RE: GraphicsNode MouseSupport
Date Wed, 17 Apr 2002 14:21:03 GMT
I would like to second Michael's comments.  I use GraphcicsNodeMouseEvents.
It would be a mistake to not consider the effects of removing functionality
on
the batik community as a whole.

-----Original Message-----
From: M. van Veen [mailto:michiel@microweb.nl]
Sent: Wednesday, April 17, 2002 9:07 AM
To: batik-users@xml.apache.org
Subject: GraphicsNode MouseSupport

Hi!

First of all: Batik rulez! Its great.

The thing I would like to know is whether the GraphicsNodeMouseEvents
will be supported again in the (near) future (and in the same way?) as
in Batik 1.1.1?

At the moment I'm working on a project to perform edit functions on SVG
content read and displayed by Batik. Therefor I used the
GraphicsNodeMouseEvent functions included by batik 1.1.1 for editting
with use of a mouse. Unfortunately I noticed that the support for
mouseevents was removed in Batik 1.5b (from AbstractGraphicsNode CVS
v1.37 and GraphicsNode CVS v1.34, by Vincent Hardy) since it isn't used
at the moment(?).

I hope someone can help me with this!

Kind regards and keep up the (very) good work!

Michael.