From Thomas E Deweese <thomas.dewe...@kodak.com>
Subject GlyphLayout Example
Date Tue, 11 Jun 2002 11:46:32 GMT

DM> I'm looking for an example which uses a Glyphlayout. At the moment
DM> we are using textlayouts with java2D to implement an editor. It's
DM> seems to be that adding kerning functionality to textlayouts is
DM> not possible, so that I found the GlyphLayout in the batik
DM> project. Has anyone some examples using this features especially
DM> kerning, ligatures and other typographic specials.

    Well as you may have noticed the GlyphLayout interface is _very_
close to the TextLayout interface.  The only really big advantage I
could see for you is that our implementation is more available to you
for subclassing/extending than the JDK implementation.

    You might also be able to leverage the code that we use to support
SVG fonts to have better control over kerning and ligatures.
Unfortunately the only code I can point you to for using the classes
is Batik it's self.

    Good luck.