From Thomas E Deweese <thomas.dewe...@kodak.com>
Subject RE: convert ps->svg
Date Wed, 19 Jun 2002 12:24:11 GMT

TE> Hi The page I've visited before but I also didn't find any sources
TE> etc. and the last update of the page was "Thu Jan 6 15:15:17 GMT
TE> 2000" :(

TE> It seems to be that a multiple suicide happened there on the
TE> attempt to implement this.  :)

    If it's important to you, you could try emailing them...

TE> I cannot use GhostScript, because of there are several short
TE> ps-images in a huge document (rendered listing informations like
TE> advertisments with name, city, street, tel.-number or something
TE> like that), which are placed between rendered data from the
TE> xml-xsl conversion. So I'm not able to let the customer walk throw
TE> 20 and more ghostscript-rendered pics and to check whether the
TE> ps-files are ok or not (during the accordingly data are previewed
TE> in a window in our application)

    You miss understood my suggestion (because it wasn't very clear).
When generating the SVG if there is embedded PS render a screen res
version and embed the raster in the SVG (probably using the 'data:'
protocol).  Thus it still appears as one document (it would be very
yucky if printed, but for screen display it should be fine).

TE> I'm looking for a (pure) java implementation to convert the
TE> formats to display one document.

    I wouldn't be pure java...

TE> I cannot believe that I'm the first one in the world, who want to
TE> do this (or am I a new candidate for the suicide list???).

    Your mission, should you choose to accept it... :)