From "Fayyad, Elias" <efay...@netmap-us.com>
Subject RE: A most basic ?
Date Tue, 18 Jun 2002 19:53:54 GMT
Dominic,
Can you tell us what your classpath is?

Elias.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dominic M [mailto:dmorrogh@hotmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 18, 2002 7:06 AM
To: Batik Users
Subject: A most basic ?

Hello

New to all this, I am having difficulty running the sample applications
provided.

I have compiled the batik-beta1.52 src on jdk1.4
>From either the command line or from within Forte (communtiy edn) I
encounter the same
error: Trawling this list I found some pointers regarding classpaths etc,
however I have still to overcome this
problem.

Soon I hope to bother you all with more challenging problems (and even
supply an answer or 2), but until
then I'd greatly appreciate any assistance to help me on my way.

Thank you

Dominic

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
        at
org.apache.batik.swing.svg.JSVGComponent$BridgeUserAgent.getXMLParserClassNa
me(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.batik.swing.svg.JSVGComponent$BridgeUserAgentWrapper.getXMLParser
ClassName(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.batik.bridge.DocumentLoader.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.batik.swing.svg.JSVGComponent.loadSVGDocument(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.batik.swing.JSVGCanvas.setURI(Unknown Source)
        at SVGApplication$2.actionPerformed(SVGApplication.java:59)
        at
javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:1767)
        at
javax.swing.AbstractButton$ForwardActionEvents.actionPerformed(AbstractButto
n.java:1820)
        at
javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultButtonModel.java:4
19)
        at
javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(DefaultButtonModel.java:257)
        at
javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(BasicButtonListener
.java:258)
        at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:5021)
        at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:3526)
        at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:1437)
        at
java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:3214)
        at
java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:2929)
        at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:2859)
        at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:1423)
        at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.ja
va:190)
        at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java
:144)
        at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:138)
        at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:130)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:98)
Caused by: java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find bundle for base
name org.apache.batik.util.resources.XMLResourceDescriptor, locale en_US
        at
java.util.ResourceBundle.throwMissingResourceException(ResourceBundle.java:8
04)
        at java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundleImpl(ResourceBundle.java:773)
        at java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundle(ResourceBundle.java:538)
        at org.apache.batik.util.XMLResourceDescriptor.<clinit>(Unknown
Source)
        ... 29 more