From Zach Del <...@umich.edu>
Subject Implementation: Scrollable JSVGCanvas
Date Mon, 03 Jun 2002 14:58:13 GMT
After finding no implementation of any scrolling (or scrollable)
JSVGCanvas, I have made my own. I know that there is at least some
interest in one, as someone on the list wanted such code a few months ago.

I just wanted to make the code available to anyone who wants it; it's
about 5k zipped (I'm not sure if I can attach it and send it over the
list? if so, I can do that). If anyone who uses it makes any
improvements or fixes any bugs, I would appreciate knowing about it.

It is very easy to use, and involves a drop-in replacement for
JSVGCanvas, called JSVGScrollCanvas, and a special JViewport (called
JSVGViewport) which handles the scrolling. All scrolling is done via
affine transforms, and peacefully coexists with tranformations such as
zooming and other actions such as shift-drag panning and control-drag
zooming. Usage instructions are contained in the Javadoc.

I've tested it under Batik 1.5rc2 only, but will probably work with
earlier versions. It does work with dynamic documents.

Zach