From Chris Faulkner <christopher.faulk...@ntlworld.com>
Subject mapping and image merge
Date Sat, 08 Jun 2002 20:57:04 GMT
Hi all

I've been using FOP recently to embed dynamically-created imagery of map data into PDF documents,
in a JSP environment. I'd like to add some features to the top of those images, where the
data has
been derived from a database in SVG format. The Batik rasterizer looks very interesting to
me in this respect. However, the bits that I can't immediatley see from the website are

1. Is there anyway that I can use the rasterizer to "add" the SVG-generated image to my existing
map image ? Maybe taking my existing image as input. As I mentioned, I have an existing image
and I'd just
like to draw the SVG on top of that.
If the output is to HTML, I could probably just make two images and use CSS to put one on
top of the other, assuming that the Batik rasterizer lets me specify transparency. However,
I'm not sure that I
could put one image on top of the other in XSL-FO.
I can manipulate the two images in the way that I want with netpbm but that would mean doing
something nasty as a system call.

2. Does anyone have any examples of invoking Batik in JSP ?

Thanks

Chris