From "Jane Singer" <jsin...@cc.huji.ac.il>
Subject Fw: SVGApplication Apache example code
Date Mon, 05 Aug 2002 06:13:06 GMT
OK, I see now that I didn't have the latest JDK. Sorry for the stupid question. It works fine
now.
Jane

----- Original Message -----
From: Jane Singer
To: batik-users@xml.apache.org
Sent: Sunday, August 04, 2002 6:00 PM
Subject: SVGApplication Apache example code

I'm trying to run the example SVGApplication that appears on the Apache site.
I am getting an error about the getActionMap() method of the  javax.
swing.JComponent.

This occurs on the second line of the Main():
JFrame f = new JFrame("Batik");
SVGApplication app = new SVGApplication(f);

Can anyone tell me why?

This is what I get:

AppAccelerator(tm) 1.2.010 for Java (JDK 1.2), x86 version.
Copyright (c) 1997-1999 Inprise Corporation. All Rights Reserved.
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: javax.
swing.JComponent: method getActionMap()Ljavax/swing/ActionMap; not found
        at org.apache.batik.swing.JSVGCanvas.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.batik.swing.JSVGCanvas.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at myDom.SVGApplication.<init>(SVGApplication.java:36)
        at myDom.SVGApplication.main(SVGApplication.java:21)
        at com.borland.jbuilder.util.BootStrap.invokeMain(Unknown Source)
        at com.borland.jbuilder.util.BootStrap.main(Unknown Source)

Thanks!

Jane