From Thomas E Deweese <thomas.dewe...@kodak.com>
Subject SVG Editing and misc other
Date Mon, 12 Aug 2002 13:22:43 GMT

MB> Just a few quick questions.  I was just wondering how difficult it
MB> would be to write an application that would provide minimal
MB> editing capabilites with Batik?  I know that editing is a fairly
MB> complex task, but as far as the API is concerned, would it work or
MB> would the whole API have to be reworked/redesigned?

    Well even just using ECMA Script you can build an editor for many
things in SVG (for example enabling the user to drag objects around is
almost trivial).

MB> Also, does Batik support XLinks at the moment?

    This question is a bit underspecified as XLinks are used for a
number of things in SVG, but generally yes, we support them for
use/image and the 'a' element.  For the 'a' element it has to link to
SVG (can't be HTML).