From Thomas E Deweese <thomas.dewe...@kodak.com>
Subject RE: How do I encode SVG into PNG with lower color depth
Date Tue, 13 Aug 2002 16:45:25 GMT
>>>>> "HH" == Huang Haitao-G17843 <haitaohuang@motorola.com> writes:

HH> I didn' find class IndexImage,

    I think you need to use current CVS.

    It is sources/org/apache/batik/ext/awt/image/rendered/IndexImage.java

HH> If I use indexed PNG, is 8 the lowest depth I can get?

    No but the IndexImage in CVS only ever generates a 256 color
pallete if you modify it to create a 16 color pallete I think the PNG
encoder will write a 4bit pallete PNG.

HH> Do I need use PNGEncodeParam.Gray or PNGEncodeParam.Palette?
HH> Which part of the code should I plug in the IndexImage you talked
HH> about?  Would it matter if the SVG specifies color in RGB?

    If the SVG has too many colors it will look poor in such low bit
depths but if it is simple it should come through pretty well.