From "Charles H. Woloszynski" <...@clearmetrix.com>
Subject SVG and <EMBED> tags
Date Mon, 12 Aug 2002 17:09:54 GMT
I have an SVG question, but it is not directly a Batik question.  I am
hoping someone who is familiar with SVG might be on this list and can
help.

I have an SVG that takes a long time to generate (we use some JSPs to
generate a dynamic traceroute) and we want to display a 'tracing'
message display while the process is going on.  In GIF land, we put up
one image ('tracing') and then  use the <body onLoad=""> to run a script
to load (altering the element.src attribute) the longer-loading images.
 I tried to do the equivalent with the <EMBED> tag, giving it an ID, and
an initial SVG that says 'tracing'.  That part works.  WhenI look up the
element (document.getElementById('SVG')) and then alter its src
attribute, it does not reload.

Does anyone know how to get a SVG url to reload like this?

Thanks in advance,

Charlie

--

Charles H. Woloszynski