From Tim Pritlove <...@ccc.de>
Subject Creating transparent images
Date Fri, 09 Aug 2002 20:08:32 GMT
Hello,

I know this might be a bit off-topic but I hope this is easy to answer so I
just go ahead :-)

I want to create web site buttons using SVG with some script foo. The
buttons should be text on transparent background.

Studying the SVG specs I got the impression that the default background of
any graphic is "transparent". So I would expect that when I place nothing
but text on my canvas, it should result in what I want.

Viewing the result after conversion with Batik and the Adobe SVG Plug-In, I
always get a white background as my default which is definitely not what I
want.

Maybe I am just understanding something completely wrong. Can somebody
please bring on the right path?

Thanks in advance
Tim

---
Tim Pritlove, Discordian Evangelist, <tim@ccc.de>
---
If organized religion is the opium of the masses then
disorganized religion is the marijuana of the lunatic fringe.