From "Yanick Gaudet" <YGau...@DINMAR.COM>
Subject RE: Printing Multi-page document
Date Mon, 19 Aug 2002 12:28:33 GMT
Hi,

Since I already have the document within the App can't I just modify the
Document
and set it to the PrintTranscoder?

Question: How would you set the viewBox?

Thanks
Yanick

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas E Deweese [mailto:thomas.deweese@kodak.com]
Sent: August 19, 2002 7:53 AM
To: Batik Users
Subject: Re: Printing Multi-page document

J> --- Keiron Liddle <keiron@aftexsw.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, 2002-08-15 at 17:56, Yanick Gaudet wrote: > Hi,
>> >
>> > I need to print a Multi-page document. The JSVGCanvas Renders the
>> > document perfectly, but when I try to print the Document using
>> > the PrintTranscoder all of the document is printed on one sheet
>> > of paper. (Good for the trees not for the users).

   The architecture of Batik makes this pretty easy to do but
currently there isn't any way to do this from a really simple command
line or API.  You could call the PrintTranscoder repeatedly with a URL
that had a different svg viewBox fragment (checkout chapter 17 of the
SVG spec).  This won't be particularly efficent as it will read/parse
the document multiple times but this may meet your needs.

>> One possible way would be to create a pdf document with the
>> different areas on different pages.
>>

J> SVG to PDF?  Using what, XSL?  Anyone have an example or something
J> about this?

   You want to look at the FOP project: 'xml.apache.org/fop'.  It
allows you to use XSL-FO with embedded svg.