From Vincent Hardy <vincent.ha...@sun.com>
Subject Re: moving symbols with script
Date Mon, 09 Sep 2002 07:01:55 GMT
Brian,

Brian Silberbauer wrote:

> I'm getting confused about what relates to ECMAScript in general and
> what is SVG specific, so I'll take those questions to another list.
>
> But.., how much scripting does/will Batik support in the 1.5 release?
> (just looking forward)

The current status (1.5beta) is at:

http://xml.apache.org/batik/status.html#elementStatus
and
http://xml.apache.org/batik/status.html#propertiesStatus

There are a couple limitations today and it is uncertain what will be
and what will not be in 1.5 final. The goal was to have full support for
scripting (i.e., all features), but some feel it is difficult with our
current design so we may have to do a final 1.5 release without all the
scripting featuers and make 2.0 the release with a new design, the
remaining scripting features and the start of SMIL work.

Cheers,
Vincent.