From Chris Lilley <ch...@w3.org>
Subject Re: incorrect language code in Batik prefs
Date Tue, 22 Oct 2002 19:46:59 GMT
On Tuesday, October 22, 2002, 9:26:04 PM, Thomas wrote:

CL>> Hello batik-users, In the preferences, the language code for
CL>> Indonesian is given as 'in'. This is incorrect, it is 'id'.

CL>>   There is no language code 'in'

CL>>   http://lcweb.loc.gov/standards/iso639-2/langcodes.html#ij

CL>>   This results in incorrect rendering for content that uses
CL>> system-language to give Indonesian-localized content.

TED>   Hmm, there seems to be a number of errors in these mappings:

TED> ik = Inupiak not Inupiaq (perhaps this is just spelling?)
TED> jv vs jw for Javanese - (Important one for a Java App ehh? :)

Yes but as you could intuit from my two recent mails, I only got up
to "I" on my testing so far ;-)

Also, I don't have test examples for all of the languages, just 666 or
so of them. So, there may be errors before I for languages I didn't
test.

TED>    I'm guessing there must be others these are just the one's I
TED> noticed quickly.  Vincent, Thierry any idea where this list came from
TED> originally?

I should point out that the URL I gave is the official ISO 639
registration authority, in other words whatever is on that page is the
official ISO definition and, as new language codes get added over
time, their apearance on that page makes them official.