From David Mechner <ba...@mechner.com>
Subject Setting svg dtd URI
Date Fri, 25 Oct 2002 18:28:21 GMT
Hi,

I thought, based on the batik docs, that I could control the URI used
to reference the SVG dtd like this:

    DOMImplementation domImpl = GenericDOMImplementation.getDOMImplementation();
    String svgNS = "file:///c:/gra/svg10.dtd";
    Document document = domImpl.createDocument(svgNS, "svg", null);
    SVGGraphics2D svgGenerator = new SVGGraphics2D(document);
    svgGenerator.stream(new PrintWriter(System.out), true);

But it doesn't work; the tag is still generated:

<!DOCTYPE svg PUBLIC '-//W3C//DTD SVG 1.0//EN' 'http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-SVG-20010904/DTD/svg10.dtd'>

Am I just completely confused about what the svgNS argument is
supposed to do? Is there any way to refer to a local dtd file in the
generated xml instead of the one at w3.org?

Thanks,

-David