From Petilon <peti...@yahoo.com>
Subject How to rasterize SVG into a Java Image object?
Date Sat, 05 Oct 2002 22:34:50 GMT
I want to make a Java Image object out of an SVG file.

At first I thought org.apache.batik.transcoder.image.ImageTranscoder
would be able to do it. However, it turns out this is an abstract
class.

If I want to rasterize, I am forced to choose between JPEG, TIFF
and PNG. Why? Why can't Batik just give me an Image object and then
let me do whatever I want with it? That I will be able to leverage
my existing BMP output class (which takes a BufferedImage as input),
instead of writing my own subclass of ImageTranscoder.

Why doesn't Batik do this obvious thing? Or can it already render
into a BufferedImage?