From SAXESS - Hussayn Dabbous <dabb...@saxess.com>
Subject WMF support
Date Tue, 22 Oct 2002 00:29:30 GMT
Hello;

I realized, that BATIK features a class named WMMTranscoder.
I just tested this class with some WMF files and i noticed, that
the SVG output does not completely describe the WMF data.
I.e. the font specs are missing. Instead i get always the font "Arial"
placed into the <svg> tag. Especially, when text font changes within the
text  i won't see these changes in the SVG.

Anybvody knows, about the completeness state of the WMFTransformer ?
Or maybe i'm doing something wrong ?
Maybe i have to supply the needed fonts somehow, and i accidentally
only got the Arial font ?????

If it's simply an incomplete implementation, and currently no one
feels responsible for the BATIK-WMFTranscoder i would
like to help getting this stuff working. Then it would be great, if
one of the original developers could give me a hint about completeness
and possibly an estimate on complexity...

any comment would help.
regards, Hussayn

--
Dr. Hussayn Dabbous