From "William Huang" <shu...@xperient.net>
Subject RE: Question about JavaScript and JSVGCanvas interactivity
Date Mon, 06 Jan 2003 15:06:52 GMT
Dear Thomas,

Thank you very much for your timely reply. But I still have the problem
with displaying dynamically generated elements. Please take a look at
the following example. When I click on the circle, I can modify the
attribute of circle "c1", but the circle created in the Ecmascript
function won't be displayed. How could I get it displayed?

Thanks a lot.

Best regards,
William

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE svg PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD SVG 1.0//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-SVG-20010904/DTD/svg10.dtd">
<svg width="400px" height="250px">
<script type="text/ecmascript">
<![CDATA[
function createShape(evt) {
  var svgDoc = evt.getTarget().getOwnerDocument();
  var svgRoot = svgDoc.getDocumentElement();
  var myShape;
  myShape = svgDoc.createElement("circle");
  myShape.setAttribute("cx", 125);
  myShape.setAttribute("cy", 125);
  myShape.setAttribute("r", 50);
  myShape.setAttribute("style", "fill:#FFCCCC; stroke:#FF0000");
  svgRoot.appendChild(myShape);

  var myShape2 = svgDoc.getElementById("c1");
  myShape2.setAttribute("style", "fill:#FFFFFF; stroke:#000000");
}
]]>
</script>
<circle id="c1" cx="60px" cy="100px" r="50px"
style="fill:white;stroke:red;stroke-width:4"
onclick="createShape(evt)"/>
</svg>