From "William Huang" <shu...@xperient.net>
Subject Question about Batik performance
Date Mon, 06 Jan 2003 15:47:12 GMT
I made an application which bundle Batik, Rhino Engine and SAX2 parser
together for SVG processing. I found there is noticeable delay from
class loading to rendering completion. The problem is extremely
significant when the path is a little complex which costs tens of
seconds to get done. Is there some ways to improve the performance or
has Batik project group have a plan in this area? For example, improving
file I/O and TCP networking I/O speed using the Java 1.4 NIO, parsing
element more efficiently, better integration with other open-source
projects, and so on?

Regards,
William