From Ralf Müller <ma...@geomagic.de>
Subject RE: How do i Implement Zoom and Pan in my Application
Date Thu, 23 Jan 2003 12:42:36 GMT
Hi Hardy,

your solution was meant to be used when I want to zoom from my
Application?
But an other question. Is there a way to tab into the zoom and pan
functionality that exists in the SVGCanvas? Because I can zoom when I
press ctrl+left mouse button.

Thanks

Ralf

-----Original Message-----
From: Vincent Hardy [mailto:vincent.hardy@sun.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 23, 2003 2:06 AM
To: Batik Users
Subject: Re: How do i Implement Zoom and Pan in my Application

Hello Ralf,

SVG has a way to modify the zoom and pan from on the root SVG element,
but Batik does not support that.

What you could do in the meanwhile is create a top-level group with a
transform that you could modify through scripting. Something like:

<svg ...>

     <g id="toBeZoomedAndPanned">
     </g>

     <script type="text/ecmascript"><[!CDATA[

var toBeZoomedAndPanned =
document.getElementById("toBeZoomedAndPanned");

function onZoom(zoomFactor) {
     toBeZoomedAndPanned.setAttributeNS(null, "transform", "scale(" +
zoomFactor + ")");
}

     ]]></script>
</svg>