From "Karen Chen" <kc...@itee.uq.edu.au>
Subject Re: How to add an element before generating the SVG image?
Date Fri, 24 Jan 2003 04:38:46 GMT
Thanks Vincent! I am now able to get both the contents in. Here's my output:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE svg PUBLIC '-//W3C//DTD SVG 20001102//EN' 'http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/CR-SVG-20001102/DTD/svg-20001102.dtd'>
<svg style="fill-opacity:1; color-rendering:auto; color-interpolation:sRGB; text-rendering:auto;
stroke:black; stroke-linecap:square; stroke-miterlimit:10; shape-rendering:auto; stroke-opacity:1;
fill:black; stroke-dasharray:none; font-weight:normal; stroke-width:1; font-family:&apos;sansserif&apos;;
font-style:normal; stroke-linejoin:miter; font-size:12; stroke-dashoffset:0; image-rendering:auto;"
width="2147483647" height="2147483647">
  <!--Generated by the Batik Graphics2D SVG Generator-->
  <defs id="genericDefs" />
  <g />
  <title>Cases
  </title>
  <description>Current diagram:
1) Cases
  </description>
  <g>Other codes for defining the image positions.. generated by the generator
  </g>
</svg>

The minor problem I'm facing is, how can I get rid of the empty   <g /> just below the
<defs id="genericDefs" /> at the top?
What i am doing now is to remove the top level group and then appending it to the document
again (so it will be placed below the 'title' and 'desc' tags).

Element topLevelGrp = svgGenerator.getTopLevelGroup();
svgRoot.appendChild(topLevelGrp);
Is it possible in any way for me to get rid of the  <g /> above the <title> ??
Thanks for your help!

Cheers,
Karen