From Christian Enklaar <christian.enkl...@mbs-software.de>
Date Fri, 03 Jan 2003 17:09:34 GMT
Hello and thanx for your quick answers.

> CE> One problem is that I change elements in the displayed svg upon
> CE> messages received from a server. My application is kind of
> CE> monitoring the state of a system and usually the user has to note
> CE> changes while performing other tasks.  But the dynamic update
> CE> seems only to take place when the mouse is moved over the
> CE> batik-application.
>
>     I take it you are modifying the DOM from Java not from JavaScript
> embedded in the document?  It sounds to me like you might not be
> making your changes in the 'Update Thread'.  Our DOM implementation is
> not thread safe (it is almost impossible to make a DOM thread safe),
> so all changes to the DOM must be made in the 'Update Thread'.

Yes - you are right, I am modifying the DOM from Java.
I am not sure how to use the 'Update Thread' though ...
In fact I am using an applet (javax/swing/JApplet) which displays the svg-document
in a svgCanvas. The applet starts a thread (runnable) that is waiting for changes
and then calls an update function from the applet again to modify the DOM (depending
on the changes).
Can you give me a hint, about how to use the 'Update Thread' ?