From Thomas E Deweese <thomas.dewe...@kodak.com>
Subject RE: Pattern fills are all solid black
Date Thu, 02 Jan 2003 12:41:39 GMT

DB> Any pattern fill (e.g. see below) that I try always results in a
DB> solid black fill. I'm using FOP 2.0.4 with Batik version 1.5 beta2
DB> and viewing the pdf with Acrobat. Can anyone provide me with some
DB> guidance or an example of a pattern fill that works with FOP pdf
DB> generation?

    I think that the PDF Graphics2D does not deal properly with custom
paint objects as of yet.  This part is provided by the FOP toolkit, I
suggest you send this query to the FOP team (or cross post as this
does involve the two projects).

    I don't know the details of the PDF graphics implementation but I
would hope that this wouldn't be a huge problem to fix (the pattern
filled/stroked element would however need to be rasterized in all
likelihood).