From Thomas E Deweese <thomas.dewe...@kodak.com>
Subject RE: NullPointerException
Date Wed, 08 Jan 2003 13:48:36 GMT
Hi Karl,

KL> Thanks for your help again:

TD> I asked if you could create the reader yourself.  Did you try:

TD> XMLReader parser =
TD> XMLReaderFactory.createXMLReader(parserClassName);

TD> Where parserClassName is the crimson parser impl?

KL> Yes - The following code...

KL> XMLReader parser =
KL> XMLReaderFactory.createXMLReader("org.apache.crimson.parser.XMLReaderImpl");

KL> XMLResourceDescriptor.setXMLParserClassName("org.apache.crimson.parser.XMLReaderImpl");
KL> String parserStr = XMLResourceDescriptor.getXMLParserClassName();
KL> System.out.println(parserStr);

KL> ...still gives the response:

KL> "org.apache.crimson.parser.XMLReaderImpl"

    Doh! You didn't print out 'parser'. I wanted to know if it was
NULL. :)

TD> You will probably need to build your own copy of the Batik Jars
TD> with the debug="on" property set for Ant (per my previous
TD> message).

KL> OK - I managed that, and it came out with the following stack
KL> trace:

    Hmm, your line numbers aren't matching my source (not even close
enoguht to help really)...  What version of Batik are you using? (or
easier for me can you send me the SAXDocumentFactory.java and
SAXSVGDocumentFactory.java you are using).