From Thomas E Deweese <thomas.dewe...@kodak.com>
Subject RE: problem when encoding compressed TIFF
Date Mon, 27 Jan 2003 14:27:18 GMT

FI> Hello Batik Fellows, I must tell you that I'm very fond of Batik
FI> now that it works smoothly in our project.  I'll do some
FI> advertising for it here in our company :-)

    I am glad to hear it. :)

FI> I still want to optimize things. The multipage TIFF that I
FI> generate is yet not compressed. With Packbits compression, I
FI> always have a corrupt result. The message that I get when
FI> analysing the file is:

K:\local\bin\nt>tiffvalidator c:\DetailedWithCompanyLogo.tif
TIFF Directory at offset 0x8
  Image Width: 1076 Image Length: 1523
  Resolution: 150, 150
  Bits/Sample: 8
  Compression Scheme: CCITT RLE
  Photometric Interpretation: RGB color
  Samples/Pixel: 3
  Rows/Strip: 8
  Planar Configuration: single image plane
TIFFFillStrip: c:\DetailedWithCompanyLogo.tif: Read error on strip 0;
got 0 bytes, expected 25824.
Status=[CORRUPTED]

Hmm, can you send (just to me please) or put up on a web site an
example file?

FI> The code that I use is below:

    Hmm, well I've personally never used the Tiff encoder for
Multi-Page or compressed TIFF's (the encoder was generously donated by
Sun from JAI).

    Some other questions, is the output stream some form of seekable
stream (like File for instance?).  Is the code running as an
application or an applet?

    Do you get any really helpful messages like:

'TIFFImageEncoder8'?